Staffs DA Easter Meet – Gentleshaw Village Hall, WS15 4NB

Map Unavailable

Date/Time
Date(s) - 19/04/2019 - 22/04/2019
12:00 - 15:00

Location
Gentleshaw Village Hall

Categories


Staffs DA invite you to Gentleshaw & Cannock Wood Village Hall for their Easter Meet between the 19th & 22nd April.

Out and about link

 

The site is due to open at 12:00 on Friday

We’ve got an Easter crafts session for the kids on Saturday afternoon (1:30pm to 4:30pm) along with a live band in the evening from 7:30pm to 11pm (more information to follow) – come and join in the fun!

Sunday morning will see coffee from 11am, along with the traditional easter egg hunt and bonnet parade (easter ties for the gents!) along with a raffle.

There will be entertainment in the hall on Sunday night from 7:30pm till 11pm.

The site is a short walk to the Windmill, Park Gate Inn and not far from the Rag and Redmore restaurants.

It’s also on the doorstep of Castle Ring, and Iron Age Hill fort – part of Cannock Chase (Area of outstanding natural beauty) – perfect for walks and bike rides.  The views from the site are beautiful too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castle_Ring

The rural village of Cannock Wood is in the Cannock Chase Council administrative district of Staffordshire. The village lies on the south-eastern edge of Cannock Chase adjacent to the Iron Age hill fort known as Castle Ring, which at 801ft above sea level is the highest point on Cannock Chase. Cannock Wood has the distinction of being the only village completely within the boundaries of the Cannock Chase Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, a fact of which the villagers are very proud.

It is not known how long Cannock Wood has existed but it is recorded that in 1666 it was a hamlet of eighteen houses and that in 1851 there were ‘a few good farms and 275 inhabitants’ with ‘a large proportion of the open heath, where there are a number of cottages with small plots of garden ground attached to them’.

 

https://www.cannockwood.org/history

From Chase Terrace High Street, tn L at Sankeys Corner onto Rugeley Road. After Approx 2 miles tn R onto Buds Ln. Village hall on L in 200yds, access site via carpark.